Friday, February 5, 2016

Music, Friends, and Life

January 26, 2016

I went to the Ryan Bingham concert at First Ave in Minneapolis tonight.  It's going to be a night that I will remember the rest of my life.  One of those moments where everything in life just comes together.  A moment that no one can really understand unless they were there, yet they understand completely because they've had the exact same types of moments in their life.

I was with three friends.  One an acquaintance that I like, but haven't really been through anything with.  Another a friend of nearly ten years that I see every couple of months, but when we hang out it feels like we've been friends forever.  The third friend is a friend that I had a falling out with, but this was the first time we had reconnected in nearly two years.  

We were friends through a project that was life defining and it was based around the music of Ryan Bingham and many other artists that we had a great connection with, so it was kind of interesting that the same thing brought us together again a second time.

We are starting to work on another project again and I'm not certain where it's going to go.  Maybe it won't get any further than jamming in my basement or his garage.  In a way, it doesn't really matter where it goes, it only matters that we're traveling somewhere and living life.  That's the whole goal isn't it?  To actually live life?  

I was reminded of a quote the other day that most people die at 25, but aren't buried until 75.  I feel like I live a life more full than most, but that still hits me every time I read it.  I have a great fear of not living life to the fullest and I would rather fail at everything while trying than live a safe life on my couch.  

I have come to understand that there are people with the polar opposite point of view as well.  I used to think they were cowards, but I now realize that's just them and their journey.  They are as happy on their path as I am on mine. I used to force people to travel my path, but that just leads to frustration for everyone.  I won't do that any longer.

What I'm here to say is that if you like to travel this same path that I'm on, reach out and make contact.  None of us need to travel our path alone, there's much more strength, power, and fun in numbers.  Here's to the good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment