Thursday, August 9, 2012

I'm Fat and I Don't Like It

I'm fat.  Yes, I shouldn't admit that, but I would be fat whether I admitted it or not.  I am also strong, but it's easier to be strong when you're fat. 

I haven't always been fat, but I have weighed more than I would like to my whole life and have almost always been uncomfortable with my shirt off. 

The funny thing is that I know how to help others lose weight and get into great shape.  I've been doing it for almost three years now.  I just haven't been able to follow my own advice and get out of my way.  I always second guess myself and look for a better plan or a better way. 

I need to stop doing this because it will kill me if I don't.  I need to get the weight back under control and stop hiding behind the fact that I'm in better shape than most people or that I'm stronger than most people.  If I'm comparing myself to the average American, sure, I'm doing alright, but that isn't saying much when 33% of Americans are obese. 

So What Am I Doing To Change This?

I have registered for my first powerlifting meet in Dubuque, IA in November.  The weight class I will be competing in is the 220lb class.  This will force me to drop about 25lbs. and then I will readjust my goals from there. 

I also may hire a nutrition consultant to prevent me from second guessing the plan I make for myself.  I'm going to see how the next month goes before I do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment