Tuesday, January 14, 2014

I Feel Like Crap

I just got back from lunch and it was another terrible lunch.  I feel like shit and I know I need to do something about it.

Three years ago at this time I was on the way to being in the best shape of my life.  I was dieting for my first bodybuilding competition, I was eating right, doing my cardio, and feeling great.  In March of 2011, I backed out of the competition and decided I was going to try to seriously add some muscle for the first time in my life.  I even remember the day, it was March 17th.  I weighed 205 pounds and was about 12-13% bodyfat.

I'm ashamed to even put the number out there, but right now I'm about 24-26% bodyfat and 252 pounds.  I don't like terribly out of shape with clothes on because I do have more muscle than the average guy.  Three years ago, according to the body fat calculations, I had 26.65 lb of fat and 178.35 lbs of lean mass.  Right now I have 63 lbs of fat and 189 lbs of lean mass.  So you can see that I did gain some muscle doing my powerlifting and eating more, but I also gained way too much fat.

I got lazy and fell into the trap of thinking that I just wanted to gain weight and most would be muscle.  I have had a few starts and stops over the past three years where I tried to drop some fat, but they didn't last long.  I would rationalize my bad food choices and think that my workouts would take care of the extra food, but we all know that it's very hard to out train a poor diet.

A couple weeks ago, I decided that it's time to give this a shot again.  Summer is coming up and I want to look good, I plan on doing some physical activities such as a long canoe trip, hiking, volleyball, etc. and I want to be in good shape for them.

To give myself a kickstart, I am giving the 24 Day Challenge a chance and I'm hoping it will kick start my fat loss and get me on the right track.  It will also get me past my bad food cravings, reprogram my taste buds, and give me the momentum that I need to continue my fat loss up until I reach my goal.  I don't have a number on the scale goal because that doesn't matter.  My goal is to get in the best shape of my life, which would mean being able to see my abs and do any physical activity that I am interested in at any time.

If you are in the same boat as me and want to join in on this, I would love to have some friends and family jump on board and do this challenge with me.  I know many people have the same thoughts and feelings about their weight as I do right now, but they don't know what to do to make a change and have given up.  Don't give up on yourself, give this a shot and we'll do it together.   I hope to hear from some of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment