Wednesday, January 8, 2014

I Won the Lottery

I am 32 years old without a lot of money.  Some would call me broke.

Somewhere out there is a man with a lot of money.  More than he could ever spend, but he is unhappy.  He is running short on the one thing that I have a lot of......  and he can't buy it.  Even if I wanted to sell it to him I couldn't.  This man spent all of his earning a bunch of money and now he regrets it.

I'm not breaking any new ground here, but what I have that he doesn't is time, barring an unforseen accident, cancer, etc.  According to the Death Clock , I have 1,788, 699, 820 seconds left to live and those seconds are ticking away.  It says I will die on Septermber 15, 2070 at 88 years old.  I'm not sure how it calculates that number, but I assume it's based on statistics.



The good news is that seems like a long time.  I have 56 years and about 8 months left to live.  I don't really need to worry about getting things done right now because I have a lot of time.  Go talk to any older person and they will tell you that time goes by very quickly and they wish that they would have taken advantage of their youth, done more things, and experienced more places.  They would've said yes to more people, places, and things.

Now back to the old man with lots of money and little time.  Is he richer than I?  Is he more wealthy than I am?  Our most valuable asset in anything we want to do in life is time.  If you have it, you are wealthier than any billionaire could ever be.  If you don't have it, then all the money in the world isn't going to help you.

People play the lottery hoping to get lucky and win a bunch of money, but they don't realize that they are already luckier than they could ever imagine.  We're here, somehow, and we're living life with nothing in front of us but time to do whatever we want.  Now the question is, how will we spend our fortune?

No comments:

Post a Comment