Wednesday, January 15, 2014

What Are We Doing?

I'm writing this blog as much for myself as I am for other people.  Today is my last day at my job.  Sales have not been as good as we had hoped and it doesn't make business sense to keep doing what we are doing.  



I'm not worried about things financially, they will take care of themselves and I have plenty of options for earning money.  I am at a point where I can give up on dreams and choose a life of mundane comfort working a job to get by or I can aim big again and keep going after big things.  Anyone that knows me will know that I'm not one to do something boring so you probably already know the answer.

These are the questions that I've been asking myself.  What would you do if you could do anything you wanted?  If everything was possible and you didn't put self imposed limits on yourself or what you think you could achieve?

Would you travel the world?  Would you write music?  Would you become an actor?  Would you help people live a healthier life?  The possibilities are truly endless.  

Contrast that with what most people are doing at this point in their life.....  Working a job they don't like to go to.  Eating unhealthy food which makes them overweight and unable to do the things they would like to do or feel the way they would like to feel. They're probably stressed about money.  They're probably stressed about your relationships or your marriage.

"You've got to know your limitations. I don't know what your limitations are. I found out what mine were when I was twelve. I found out that there weren't too many limitations, if I did it my way." - Johnny Cash

Sure, I could just go out and get a boring job and live the average life like everyone else, but I would rather go down in flames trying to be above average than give up and be average.

There are different groups of people around the world that aren't just laying down and accepting that life has to suck or that life has to be unfulfilling. Take a risk and get outside of your comfort zone.  There are many ways a person can do that, but what's important is that you find a way to do it.

This is the only life that we are 100% certain that we get to live, don't spend it living someone else's version of life.

This is a video of the tweets from a young woman named Amanda that found out she had 3 months to live.  She was going to die from brain cancer.  You'll see her tweets go from worrying about mundane and boring things to the reality of knowing her life is almost over.  Wow.

The video is unlisted, but here is the link....   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aaYXu_qzg0

No comments:

Post a Comment