Tuesday, July 24, 2012

After I do this I will be happy.....

How many times do you hear someone say this?  After I do this or after I do that, then I will be happy and everything will be great.  Then they accomplish that one thing (or more likely, they fail, and then pick a new thing that will magically make them happy) and they still aren't happy. 

Add them all together and eventually you're dead without ever being happy.  I do this sometimes, too.  After I finish school and get in my career things will be so much better.  After I get a raise I will have more money.  After the kids are in school I will have more time to do some things around the house. 

I am going to work on realizing when I say these things and stop.  The only time we ever have is now so whatever it is we want, it needs to be done now. 

Want to have more money?  Budget better, get another job, start a business. 

Want to have a happier marriage?  Read some books on marriage and psychology and apply them to your marriage. 

Want more time for an activity or for your family?  Put it first and MAKE time. 

Wherever you are right now is where you really wanted to be at one time.  When you were a kid you really wanted to be grown up and have a job so you could have more money.  When you were in high school, you really wanted to be in college.  When you were single, you couldn't wait to meet someone and get married.  You, I, have what we want right now let's start making it happen. 

Don't spend all your life waiting for things to be perfect because things are never perfect. Do it now.

No comments:

Post a Comment