Friday, July 13, 2012

Epiphany

Ok, so I think I realized today what it is that I need to do.  I have been messaging back and forth a little with Harry Selkow (check out his log here).  He knows his stuff.  I was hoping to work with him because I was thinking that I needed some guidance and motivation.  Well, he definitely motivated me, but not in the way that I expected.

He basically said that I need to man up, register for a powerlifting meet, and get to work.  Once I send in that entry fee and commit to the meet he said I would become a different person.  I would be a lot more motivated, driven, and focused.  I really respect that advice because he could've easily written me a program and took my money, but he told me his true opinion even though it didn't make him any money.  That's integrity right there and you don't find it very often.

I'm going to start searching for meets around November or December and get training.  I had plans of doing a powerlifting meet a few months back.  The meet is actually tomorrow, but I wasn't fully committed because I'm not doing it.  I never sent in my entry form or check so I guess I wasn't very serious.  That's what is going to be different this time.  I'm going to send in the entry fee as soon as I find the meet that I'm doing.  


No comments:

Post a Comment