Thursday, July 12, 2012

Paleo Update

So far this paleo thing has been a complete failure.  I lasted for about two days and went back to eating as normal.  I am noticing that it has become a lot easier for me to IF, though I'm not even trying to do that right now.  I normally don't eat anything until noon (no breakfast, that's terrible right?)  Not really, google Martin Berkhan, John Romaniello, or intermittent fasting and you can learn a lot abou it. 

Not that that matters right now because being able to IF successfully wasn't my goal.  I would love to be able to say I'm committed again and ready to go starting right now, but I'm not.  I'm not ready yet, but maybe I will be soon.

Training has been going well, though.  I had taken about four weeks off from lifting because I just wasn't feeling it.  Everyone needs a break sometimes and I figured I should listen to my body.  I got back into it yesterday and worked my way up to a 405lb squat.  It went up fairly easily and I know I could've gotten 425lbs and possilby 450lbs.  My goal is a 500lb squat by January 1st. 

I need to take this weekend and seriously think about what I'm going to do for the next five months with my training and diet.  Right now I weigh the most I've ever weighed (246 lb) and I'm the strongest I've ever been, but I'm also not really comfortable with the shirt off! 

Over the past couple of years I've dieted down for a bodybuilding contest and got to ten weeks out both times before quitting.  I was the leanest I had ever been the second time around at ten weeks out and for some reason I quit again.  I guess that was the point it really started to suck and I didn't keep pushing.

No comments:

Post a Comment